Open Call Chorus Conductor
- Research appropriate choral literature; assist the Chorus Master in the selection of choir repertoire
- Model and support the appropriate vocal and behavior development of children in the choral setting
- Teach singing, music reading, music theory, and performance techniques to singers; create a positive and satisfying learning experience
- Providing quality instruction in vocal music and leading weekly rehearsals for assigned choirs
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional development as a musician (classes, conferences, mentoring, etc.)
- Participating in short- and long-term organizational planning
- Formal Music Education
- Knowledge of vocal pedagogy, diverse musical styles, and performance practice;
- Minimum 3 years experience as a choral director
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly with children and adults.
- Ability to teach and create a positive learning experience in musical training
- Bachelor’s degree in music-related field required
- 5 years experience working with children and/or children’s groups
- 5 years experience as a choral director of children’s choirs
- Training and/or credentialing in Kodály Music Education, or willingness to complete training
- Training and/or credentialing in Orff Approach, or willingness to complete training
- Training and/or credentialing in Dalcroze Eurhythmics, or willingness to complete training
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a local position. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The Singapore Lyric Opera Limited
90 Goodman Road, Blk B #01-07 Goodman Arts Centre Singapore 439053
© 2021 The Singapore Lyric Opera Limited. All rights reserved.